Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Milk milk everywhere

Now that they are feeding me from a bottle sometimes, I am noticing some confusion in the discussion of milk. "Milk" as a term refers to so much more now. There's milk in the breast, milk in the freezer, milk in the pump containers, milk in the bottle, and milk in bags in fridge. There's also milk for cereal, which has nothing to do with me. Thank heaven they are using half & half in the coffee; one less milk thing.

So you get these faux Laurel & Hardy routines in place of viable communication. To wit:

"I put the milk back in the fridge. Did she not take much?"

"No, she wasn't acting that hungry, I tried giving it to her cold."

"Well next time I'll just leave it in the bag."

"The leftover milk in the bottle?"

"No..."

"Oh, the milk from the pump?"

"No, the milk I get out of the freezer."

"Oh, you'll just leave it on the counter."

"No..."

"In the bag?"

"No, in the fridge."

"In the bottle?"

"No, in the bag, so you can warm it easier."


And so on. Mind you, this whole pumping bagging freezing thawing warming bottling process was initiated for added convenience.

No comments: